Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


To celebrate the coming new year, last night L., V. and I went to a concert featuring 16th Century Tibetan sound bowls and ancient Incan whistles. The sounds of these vessels are attuned to specific chakras and are said to balance the brain hemispheres. Beyond sounding absolutely lovely, the instruments have a noticeable effect on one's state of mind; listening to them becomes a meditation, and I could feel the reverberation of sound within my head, as if the sound were gently massaging my brain. It felt as if we were all receiving a metaphysical "tune-up" of sorts, and I thought it was a particularly fitting way to enter the new year. Coupled with the fantastic massage I received yesterday, I'd say my new year's eve was delightful and enriching. I hope yours was too, and I wish the same for your new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment